Organized in 1960 as the “Women’s Division”, membership was open only to wives of Winter Carnival Royalty and volunteers. Their purpose was mainly one of providing hospitality and a feminine touch to Carnival activities. Ever evolving, in the 1990’s, the name was changed to the Ambassadors of the Winter Carnival, officially registered as a tax-exempt non-profit, and welcomed men to become members!
Over time, the Ambassadors became an integral part of the Carnival Community, and an invaluable support to the Royal Family and other Festival groups. Today, the organization stands string with a 25 member Board of Directors, and over 150 members. We take pride in the organization and excitement we bring to our festival and surrounding community. Membership is open to the public, and currently is the only group within Winter Carnival that does not require membership in a past Royal Family for admittance.
Ambassador Activities include:
- Providing the Royal Ladies Wardrobe for their year
- Monthly Ambassador Socials
- Candidate Dinner
- Crown & Gowns Fashion Show
- Post- Moonglow Parade Reception
- Red vs. Blue Bartender Challenge
- Annual Ambassador Meeting
- Bi-Annual Ambassador Directory
- Annual Ambassador Collectible Pins
- Volunteering at Carnival Events throughout the year.
- Charitable Donations throughout the year
- Ambassador Scholarship
Want to be a part of the fun? Check out our Membership page for how to join!
If you are interested in becoming a part of the Royal Family in any capacity, please reach out to the SPFHF office here: www.wintercarnival.com
or if you are interested in becoming a Royal Lady - click here for more information.