Ambassadors 2019 Recipient
Caroline Cummings demonstrates a firm commitment to volunteerism and making her community better. We were impressed by her authentic engagement in good causes in her hometown of Farmington and in her college town of Winona. She has led and participated in volunteer activities through 4-H, Student, Council, and the National Honor Society, as well as with the Farmington Ambassador Program. Her enthusiasm for helping those in need stood out. Caroline is a leader who will work to build community no matter where her life will take her. She has demonstrated a penchant for leadership and growth through her experiences as Captain of the Farmington Girls’ Swim and Dive team, as the first female Concert Choir President at Farmington High School, and as a Farmington Ambassador. During her first year at Saint Mary’s University, where she is pursuing an undergraduate degree in Computer Science, she is involved in Student Senate and was a Committee Chair for the Taylor Richmond Benefit Dance. The Ambassadors of the Saint Paul Winter Carnival congratulate Ms. Cummings on receiving the 2019 Ambassadors Scholarship. We hope that the scholarship helps her achieve her educational goals and we look forward to seeing all the good that she will do in the future.
Purpose: This scholarship is for study at an accredited post-secondary institution and is intended to support individuals from diverse backgrounds who are, or will likely be leaders in our community. It is designed to support the membership, their spouse/domestic partner and dependents who exemplify the essence of the Ambassador experience. The experience is comprised of the following:
1) developing self potential,
2) contributing to society, and
3) developing values.
Amount: One $1000 one-time scholarship – funds will be issued to the school and dispersed upon receipt of a tuition billing statement.
Note: Scholarships and grants may affect other student aid programs. See your financial aid officer for details.
Ambassador Scholarship Requirements: To apply for the 2019 Ambassadors Scholarship, applicants must:
· Be a current member of the Ambassadors Organization--or be a spouse/domestic partner, or dependent of a current member; or be a member in good standing of any Winter Carnival sanctioned Uniform Group--or be a spouse/domestic partner, or dependent of a current member; or be recommended/sponsored by a current member of the Ambassadors Organization.
· Must be a current high school senior graduating by June 2019, or possess a high school diploma or GED.
· Attend or be enrolled in an accredited post-secondary institution in the 2019-2020 school year.
Applications must be mailed/postmarked to The Ambassadors of the Saint Paul Winter Carnival by April 5, 2019. Only complete applications will be reviewed (see Application Checklist). Applications will be reviewed by a volunteer committee; late applications will not be reviewed. All application information is confidential. Candidate will be selected by May 1, 2019.